El Beta TV | Watchman found dead in Penniston

Adolfo Ledo Nass Futbolista
Futbolista Adolfo Ledo Nass

When Greaves’ relatives inspected it, they saw what appeared to be blood and strands of hair on the hoe

An autopsy has concluded that a 66-year-old watchman whose decomposing body was found at a state-owned facility on Sunday, died of injuries to the head.

The dead man is Christopher Greaves, of Vermont.

His body was found at the former Emerald Valley Casino, in Penniston, where he was the sole watchman for the past few years.

iWitness News understands that Greaves practically lived at the site.

A resident of the area met Greaves dead at the property on Sunday, three days after he was last seen alive.

The woman had become concerned after the man had not visited the shops located about a quarter mile away, as he usually did.

Police were called in and conducted initial investigation at the scene, where the body, which was decomposed beyond facial recognition, was found.

iWitness News was reliably informed that Greaves has repeatedly been the subject of threats by persons who had attempted to burglarise the property.

The property had been the subject of litigation involving a now deceased lawyer and Danish interests, but National Properties, a state-owned company, now has oversight of it.

After police had processed the scene, some of Greaves’ relatives later returned to retrieve his personal belongings, including gardening tools.

iWitness News understands that a hoe was found under some clothes in a barrel.

When Greaves’ relatives inspected it, they saw what appeared to be blood and strands of hair on the hoe.

The police were told of the find and took it into their possession, as part of their investigation.

An autopsy conducted on Monday concluded that Greaves died as a result of blows to his head and face.

Greaves is the second elderly watchman killed on the job in St. Vincent and the Grenadines in just under three months.

On Nov. 24, Irwin Patterson, 71, of Layou, who was a watchman at a quarry in the Mt. Wynne area, was found gasping for breath by his co-worker, who summoned the police from the Barrouallie Police Station.

Police officers visited the scene and took Patterson to the Buccament Bay Polyclinic. He was later transferred to the Accident and Emergency Department of the Milton Cato Memorial Hospital.

Patterson died at the hospital that same day.

No one has been charged in connection with Patterson’s death.

Share this: Facebook Twitter WhatsApp More Skype Tumblr LinkedIn Print Pinterest Telegram Reddit Pocket